Project contributes to the improvement of climate resilience and effectiveness of climate mitigation policies in the Republic of Serbia.
- Established independent monitoring over development of DeSox facilities in Serbian thermal power sector and energy intensive industries;
- Climate mitigation measures related to DeSox facilities recognised in National Integrated Energy and Climate Plan development process;
- Increased general knowledge and public awareness about positive and negative impact of DeSox projects.
RERI will work on achieving these objectives through:
- monitoring of environmental impact assessment procedures, requesting information of public interest related to the construction of the DeSox facilities and informing the public if certain illegalities in the procedures are being noticed;
- monitoring the implementation of strategic documents and obligations deriving from national and international regulations (Energy Community Treaty, Paris Agreement, Green Agenda for the Western Balkans);
- legal and experts’ observation and in-depth comparative analyses on environmental impact assessments (in relation to policy papers NECP, NDC);
- public awareness and communication campaign.
This project will be realized from May 2022 to February 2023, supported by the European Climate Foundation.